Medical reports are documents requested by patients for insurance claims, courts, employers, police and others provided by the specialist/ medical officer. Without medical report, a claim, a legal trial and other procedures cannot be processed.
There are 3 (three) types of medical reports:
- Regular Medical Reports provided by Medical Officers
- Simple Reports / Opinions provided by a Specialist
- Detailed Medical Reports provided by a Specialist
Documents Required for Application of Medical Report:
- Copy of patient’s identity card (Mykid / Mykad)
- Copy of applicant’s identity card (Mykid / Mykad) (if the applicant is not a patient)
- Copy of identity card (MyKad) of the patient’s relative (in case of death)
- Copy of Mother’s Identity Card (MyKad) (for children under 18 years of age)
- Copy of appointment book
- Copy of death certificate (in case of death)
- Copy of document proving beneficiary relationship with patient (such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, court authorization letter on custody etc.)
- Copy of birth certificate (to prove the relationship of the beneficiary with the patient)
- Related claims forms
- Copy of medical certificate (MC) (if applicable)
- The original consent letter for medical report application should be signed by the patient himself or the parent (if the patient is a child)
- If the patient has passed away, the consent letter is from lawful legal representative.
Patient status Minimum Charge Maximum Charge
Citizen RM 80 RM 1000
Non-Citizens RM 160 RM 2000
Additional charges may apply up to RM1000.00 depending on the type of report provided.
Payment can be made by cash / credit card (paid at the Main Lobby Unit Hasil Counter) or using check / postal money in the name of Hospital Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
HOW TO APPLY
Application for medical report can be done through 2 methods:
- Walk in to the Medical Report Unit Counter; or
- By post using the address below:
Medical Report Unit
Department of Health Information
Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, UKM Medical Center
Jalan Yaakob Latif, Bandar Tun Razak, Cheras
56000 Kuala Lumpur
(u / p: Mr. Mohamad Ramadhan Mohd Ghaus)
MEDICAL REPORT COUNTER OPERATION HOUR
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 12:15 pm and 2:45 pm – 5:00 pm
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
Further inquiries regarding medical reports, please contact the Medical Reporting Unit at 03-9145 7779, 5685, 8586, 8203.
Duration of preparation of medical reports is within 2 months from the date of complete application together with received payment. A longer period is required for applications involving more than one discipline / expertise.
Payment Exemption covers applications from Police, Government Departments and statutory bodies (for administrative purposes), and Legal Aid Bureau.