INVITATION TO PAEDIATRIC AND PERINATAL PATHOLOGY WORKSHOP 2019
INVITATION TO PAEDIATRIC AND PERINATAL PATHOLOGY WORKSHOP 2019, DEPARTMENT OF PATHOLOGY, FACULTY OF MEDICINE, UNIVERSITI KEBANGSAAN MALAYSIA
Department of Pathology UKM Medical Centre will organize a workshop on Paediatric and Perinatal Pathology Workshop. The details of the workshop are as follows:
Title: Paediatric and Perinatal Pathology Workshop
Date: 8th – 9th August 2019 (Thursday & Friday)
Venue: Auditorium UKM Medical Centre
Day 1: Perinatal – Placenta is commonly regarded as the diary of pregnancy. It provides in-sight to the events that had happened throughout the intrauterine period. Histopathological examination of placenta could reveal important information that may prevent future recurrence.
Day 2: Paediatric – Children are not little adults. Certain tumours are unique to paediatric population, for examples the diagnosis of small round cell tumours can be quite challenging, largely due to their rarity and morphological similarity. With the molecular advancement, many of these tumours can be distinguished by using molecular and immunohistochemical ancillary tests. In this workshop, our speakers will highlight the practical approach to the diagnosis of these tumours.
- To provide a guide to perinatal postmortem.
- To identify the common pathology that is encountered during placenta assessment.
- To provide a guide to the diagnostic approach of small round cell tumours in children.
- To integrate morphologic and molecular results into a comprehensive pathology report for the diagnosis of medulloblastoma in children.
- To provide a guide to the diagnostic approach of lymphoma common to children.
- Approach to perinatal postmortem.
- Approach to placenta histopathological assessment.
- Diagnostic approach of small round cell tumours in children.
For registration and enqueries, please contact:
Paediatric & Perinatal Pathology Workshop 2019
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine
Level 15, Pre-Clinical Block, UKM Medical Centre
Jalan Yaacob Latif, Bandar Tun Razak
56000 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03 – 9145 8698 / 9506
Fax : 03 – 9145 9485
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org